Monday, September 29, 2008

Swinging through September

This month has flown by, in more ways than one.
My husband and I went to New Zealand for 3 weeks to celebrate his 60th birthday. His one thing he wanted to do on his birthday was to bungy jump! Not only bungy, but to bungy from the original Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown, New Zealand where A.J. Hackett started the sport. And bungy he did! When we got to the bridge, we watched other jumpers ahead of us and it looked so easy. My husband looked at me and said "you need to try this"...to which I responded..."I think I will". He just about fainted...I NEVER intended to jump...but like I said...it looked so easy!

Yes, that's me...dangling above the river current! I was petrified the entire time. Yes, I'm glad I did it...just to say I did. No, I would never do it again...the fear that shot through my body as soon as I got on the platform is hard to describe.
My husband on the other hand...loved doing it and would do it again. Now that he knows what to expect, he thinks he would enjoy it more the next time.
We had an amazing trip and saw a beautiful country...but it is good to be home.

No comments: